New Hampshire has a lower-than-average unemployment rate of 5.4 percent and, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics; jobs for economists is expected to grow six percent by 2018. The complexity of the global economy is increasing the need for well educated economists who tend to work in metropolitan areas as opposed to small towns.
Job titles of economists in New Hampshire include:
- Financial Analyst
- Market Analyst
- Public Policy Consultant
- Environmental Economist
Economist Salary in New Hampshire
The U.S. Department of Commerce’s Bureau of Labor Statistics compiled the following salaries.
Annual mean salaries statewide:
- Financial Managers – $97,850
- Market Research Analysts – $65,060
- Budget Analysts – $74,620
- Financial Analysts – $66,860
- Other Financial Specialists – $71,670
- Economics Teachers (postsecondary) – $119,630
Salaries for economists in New Hampshire’s two largest cities:
Economist Jobs in New Hampshire
New Hampshire employers are primarily in manufacturing, trade and service-based industries. Employers and employees alike are attracted to The Granite State because of its high quality of life and absence of a state income tax.
The largest supporters of economist careers in New Hampshire include:
- BankNorth (one of the nation’s largest commercial banking organizations)
- Bottomline Technologies
- Fisher Scientific International
- Fidelity Investments
- Ocean National Bank (corporate headquarters)